COVID-19 Operating Strategy
May 28th, 2020 - COVID19 Operations Update
It's finally time to come to the Yakima River Canyon! Kittitas County has entered Phase 2 in the reopening plan for Washington State. Although we could open the front door today, we are planning a well calculated opening on June 8th to be certain all measures are complied to. We are however still open for curbside pick-up daily from 9AM-4PM.
In the meantime, we have some suggestions and resources to help you have a great trip to the Yakima River Canyon. We've opened the Bighorn Campground, can now offer guided fly fishing adventures to mixed households, and are running customer shuttles along with renting boats and rafts. Things are slowly returning to normal out here.
Red's Fly Shop
Please review these guidelines set forth by the governor's and WDFW office:
- COVID-19 Phase 2 Requirements
- Outdoor Recreation Phase 1 Clarification and Phase 2 - COVID -19 Requirements
- WA State Outdoor Recreation Restart - COVID-19 Proclamation
- WDFW Fishing Press Release
We are making EVERY effort to help anglers connect with some fish out here in the Yakima Canyon. Our service is convenient, fast, and offers a sterile transaction.
- Order online or over the phone (509) 933-2300. ANY order can be picked up curbside, not just flies.
- Let us know about what time/day you plan to be at Red's
- We'll have a well marked "pickup" spot with your order clearly marked outside the fly shop.
- Your transaction will require no face-to-face contact
Guided Fly Fishing Trip Details
- Guests and guides are required to wear face coverings.
- Lunch included beginning June 4th
- Guests will need to bring their own drinks and lunch until June 4th.
- Bookings must be paid over the phone or online, no cash. Waivers will be signed online.
- We will be collecting your physical address in order to keep required logs.
- Guides will often need to perform their own vehicle shuttle service.
- Guides will be in communication with guests and will likely meet them directly at the boat launch they elect to use.
- Guides will be sanitizing all surfaces in the boats prior to guests arrival.
Red's will be providing a limited number of vehicle shuttles in the Yakima Canyon. We are respectfully operating in compliance with guidelines laid out by the governor's office. As restrictions loosen our service will return to full capacity. Shuttles are limited and you will need to book in advance. Contacted surfaces inside the vehicle will be wiped down after being shuttled.
Tackle Resources for Fishing the Yakima Canyon
Conditions change daily in the Yakima Canyon. Let us our staff equip you with the right flies to "match the hatch" for your day of fishing. Your investment in time is too valuable to be fishing with the wrong flies!