Red's Rendezvous X // Fly Fishing Event
April 27th, 2019
April 26th - Various On-the-Water Classes at Red's Fly Shop
April 26th - Advanced Casting Clinic with Joe Rotter - Just a bring your favorite rod!
April 27th - Rendezvous Main Event - Free to Attend ( 9 am - 5 pm )
April 28th - Various On-the-Water Classes at Red's Fly Shop
Check Back Frequently as We Add More Events!
PNW Fly Casting Championship and Raffles
Support Public Aquisition of the Bighorn Boat Launch and Campground!
This year our PNW Fly Casting Championship will raise money to support non-profit groups working on the public's behalf to permanently aquire the Bighorn Boat Launch and Campground. Currently Red's is overseeing management of the property to keep it open to the public for now, but everyone would like to see this special property in the public's hands. Entry fees for the casting competitions and raffle proceeds will go to support this effort!
Non Pro - 1st Place Winner // Fly rod of their choice from our sponsors +/- $1,000 Prize! There will be raffle tickets sold for the remaining two rods!
- 10 am - 2:30 pm - Qualifying Rounds *max of 3 attempts
- 3 pm - 4 pm - Non Pro Division Finals
- 4 pm - 4:30 pm - Pro Division Finals
5 Weight Rods are provided by our dealers. Non pro anglers will compete at distances of 20' - 80' for accuracy, including "curve casts" and putting a cast through an upright hula hoop. The top qualifiers during the day will go "head to head" at 3:30 pm for the finals! It's a great contest to watch. Entry fees are by donation and proceeds will be donated to efforts supporting public aquistioin of key properties for fly fisherman in the Yakima Canyon.
Pro anglers will compete for pride! There will be some of the world's best single handed fly casters in this event. It is really awesome to watch these guys cast!
April 27th Event Details
Free Fly Casting Lessons with FFi Certified Instructors
These lessons are run by the Washington State FFi certified instructors. These guys are good! If you want to learn the basics or progress, come see these guys. It's a "first come, first served" and space may be limited. These lessons are on the lower lawn close to the river.
Beginner's Casting Schedule - FREE!
- 10 am Beginner's Fly Casting
- 11 am Women's Fly Casting Lessons
- 12 pm Beginner's Fly Casting Lessons
- 1 pm Beginner's Fly Casting Lessons
- 2 pm Kid's Fly Casting Lessons
- 3 pm Women's Fly Casting Lessons
Worldwide Travel Seminars and Discussions
This is a chance for you to relax, enjoy a drink of some sort and listen to a friendly travel pro talk about the world's best fly fishing destinations and how to make the most out of your adventure. We'll highlight the most interesting facts about each destination and answer all your questions on cost, flights, and more importantly... how to catch the maginficent species that swim there!
Indoor Seminar Schedule
- 9 am - Alaska Rainbow Adventures - Bob Miller
- 10 am - The Best of Christmas Island - Joe Rotter
- 11 am - Ascension Bay Grand Slam - Shan Sedgwick, Craig Chittenden, Joe Rotter, James St. Clair, Steve Joyce and maybe a few others!
- 12 pm - South Pole vs. North Pole, Tierra Del Fuego and BC Spey Fishing for Steelhead - Steve Joyce
- 1 pm - Patagonia Brown Trout vs. Russia Rainbows - Joe Rotter
- 2 pm - Cuba Zapata Liveaboard Trips - Steve Joyce
Riverside Seminars with Red's Pros
Riverfront Seminar Schedule
- 10:30 am - Nymph Fishing 101 - Leif Kvinsland
- 11:30 am - Trout Spey Setups and Strategies - Bob Miller
- 12:30 pm - Euro Style Nymphing - Curtis Frisbie
- 1:30 pm - Drop Shot Nymphing - Craig Chittenden
- 2:30 pm - Spey Cast for Big Distance - Craig Chittenden
3-D Archery Shoot and BHA Fundraiser
12 pm - 2 pm - Epic Cross Canyon Shootout!
We do this every year to challenge local bowhunters and rally some membership that is aligned with sportsman's interests, Backcountry Hunter's and Anglers
Kid's Outdoor Activities
Kid's Air Rifle Range
We'll have a well supervised air rifle range available for kids. It's free and as long as kids have a good attitude and follow the rules we'll let them shoot about as much as they want.
Kid's Fly Fishing Lessons
12 pm - Bug Hunt - We'll take kids to the river and screen "trout food" out of the river and teach kids what trout in a river actually eat and what it looks like.
2 pm - Kid's Fly Casting Lessons - Let us give your kids a quick lesson and teach them to cast. It needs to be short, sweet, and FUN. We'll get them start on the right track.