January 17th - 19th, 2020
Expert Saltwater Training
$100 Fee Waived for Guests Currently Scheduled to Travel with Red's Fly Shop
- Friday Night - Fly Tying, Casting Lesson, and Q and A with the Experts
- Saturday - Species Specific Tactical Seminars All Day at Canyon River Lodge
- Sunday - Indoor Casting, Presentation, Hook Setting, and Fish Fighting Clinics - Hosted at the local High School Gym
- Event Limited to 50 Guests
- Yakima Valley Wine Tour and Limousine Service on Available on Saturday for Spouses or Accompanying Guests
- Try Before You Buy Saltwater Rod Demos
We'll have multiple experts teaching the best strategies for each species, top fly choices, appropriate knots and how to tie them, along with what a typical day is like at the lodges that we fish.
Lodging Special for Salt Rendezvous
- $199 per night - $100 OFF!
- We've worked with Canyon River Lodge to procure a special rate for our guests attending this event. Please mention this promo when reserving your suite.
- Lodge suites are 880 square feet, 2 bedroom units with a master and a total of 3 beds. This might be a great opportunity to bring the family or spouse to Canyon River Lodge.
Friday - Afternoon/Evening
- 2:00 PM - Cold weather casting lessons with Joe Rotter. He will get you outside and give you a framework to follow indpendently that will insure strong and consistent casts. This will be a great prelude to Sunday's lessons.
- 4:00 PM - Meet and greet in the main lodge, most of our travel hosts will be here to meet the early arrivals.
- Fly tying lessons by expert tyer James St. Clair @509flies. Happy hour beverages hosted by Red's Fly Shop!
- 5:30 PM - Dinner at Canyon River Grill, hopefully with other anglers traveling to your next destination.
During each session we'll talk specifics about destinations. Whether its Belize, Christmas Island, Cuba, Mexico, Bahamas, etc. Each 90 minute block will cover tackle, flies, knots, and specific techniques including HOW TO SEE THE FISH. Our panel of experts will teach you everything we can about maximizing your opportunities.
9:00 AM - Bonefish and Permit
10:30 AM - Baby Tarpon and Snook
12:00 PM - Lunch and Casusal Discussion on Other Saltwater species, Triggerfish, Bumpheads, Lady Fish, Golden Trevally, etc.
1:00 PM - GT's, Blue Fins, Jacks, and other in-shore Carnivores
2:30 PM - Bluewater
4:00 PM - Happy Hour and General Tackle Discussions
5:30 PM - Dinner at Canyon River Grill
This is the "hands on" training session that will help you execute all of the tactics learned during Saturday's seminars. Line handling, casting for power, proper hook setting for each species, and how to fight each species will all be on the agenda. Bring the two rods that you want to train with and we'll get you on the path to sucess.
- 9:00 AM - 1:00 PM - Ellensburg High School Gym
- Building Line Speed for Distance, Power, and Accuracy
- Decision Making at the Moment of Truth
- Line Handling/Control
- Strip Setting/Hook Setting
- Fish Fighting
- 5 Essential Knots
- 1:30 PM - Burgers and Beer at The Tav in Ellensburg