"Our Skagit operation is small and exclusive. We only book 4 anglers at a time and are highly focused on providing the best possible experience to a select group of customers. The fish, scenery, and guide staff here is world class!" - Red's Fly Shop Managers
Skagit River Winter Steelhead
- February 21st - March 15th, 2020
- 3 Days/2 Nights
The Skagit River is where modern spey casting was born. Our trips and expert guides exclusively fish two-handed rods and swing flies on this trip. Long rods and Skagit style shooting heads are standard tackle, and our team is capable of handling beginners or expert anglers alike.
We partner with nice local lodging and provide great meals, comfortable clean lodging, and the best possible spey fishing experience. It's convenient, affordable, and quality. Our guide team is composed of KynsLee Scott and Ricky Davidson that also help operate our Klickitat River Steelhead lodge in the fall and they are quite the team. Both are highly proficient two-handed casters and offer patient teaching and expert guidance.
Skagit River Itinerary:
Day 1/Arrival Day: Guests will arrive on the morning of their first day of fishing. Driving time from Seattle, WA is approximately 1:45 minutes to Rockport, WA. We'll meet early in the morning and hit the river right away.
Guides will typically drift the river and guide a nice long day. Dinner will be filling and good times had as your guide bunks at the same house.
Day 2: Early breakfast and a long day on the river, followed by another hearty dinner.
Day 3: Early breakfast, full day of fishing, and guests will depart after fishing on the last day.
- $1695 per angler (price based on double occupancy)
- 3 Days/2 Nights
- Meals (excludes breakfast day 1, dinner on day 3)
- Spey Rod Setup (if necessary)
Does Not Include:
- WA State Freshwater Fishing License and Catch Record Card
- Gratuities for guides and host
- Waders and Boots (not available for rent or borrow on this trip)
Deposit and Cancellation Policy
- Deposits: 50% deposit per person is due upon booking.
- Payment: Full payment of the trip is due 30 days prior to the start date.
- In the event of a cancellation deposits are refundable minus transactions fees up to 30 days out.
- If alternative adventures are proposed by the outfitter and agreed to, the customer is responsible for any additional expenses or costs.
- Cancellations occurring inside 30 days out the deposit is retained.
- Cancellations occurring inside 48 hours from check-in the entire balance is retained.
- It is solely the outfitter's discretion to determine if river conditions warrant a cancellation.