"There is endless opportunity on the Yakima, very few folks have floated every piece of the nearly 80 miles of Blue Ribbon water. I have fished many rivers across the west and I am delighted and proud to call the Yakima River my home water. While it won't be the only river I ever fish, it is the one I dream about the most. The extreme variance in the sections and seasons make it a completely different adventure each and every time I fish it," Erik H. from Seattle, WA
The Yakima River
- Year Round Fishing Season
Our Yakima River Guide Team is professional, fishy, and most importantly... friendly! We invite beginners and experts alike to take advantage of our knowledge, patience, and work ethic.
The Yakima River is in Washington State about 2 hours east of Seattle in the rain-shadow of the Cascade Mountains. The Yakima is Washington's only Blue Ribbon River and is a popular day trip for anglers from the Seattle area, although many guests elect to stay at Canyon River Ranch Lodge which is next door to Red's Fly Shop and Canyon River Grill. The Yakima is considered a "Big Western" style river and attracts anglers from all over the world wanting to pursue a high quality floating and fly fishing experience.
Our Yakima River guided trips are float style adventures and most fishing is done from a moving drift boat or fishing raft with 2 anglers in each boat. We float anywhere from 5-20 miles in a single day depending upon river conditions. If anglers enjoy wading, simply express this to your guide and they will do their best to give you the best possible wade fishing experience.
Cost and Details
- 8+ Hour Full Day Trip: $525, March 1st - Nov. 15th
- 4-5 Hour Half Day Trip: $395, March 1st - Nov. 15th
- Winter Rate: $395, Nov. 16th - Feb. 28th (Includes Lunch)
- Single Angler Full Day Trip: $450, March 1st - Nov. 15th
- Prices are based on double occupancy.
- A 3rd Angler may be added to the boat for an additional $175.
Yakima River Trips Include:
- Flies, tippet, and small tackle
- Fly Rods and Reels (bring your own if you have it)
- Shuttle service while fishing in the Yakima Canyon
- Full Day/Twilight Highlight trips include a riverside lunch
- Non-alcoholic Beverages
- Lunches may be added to Half Day Trips upon request
- Waders and boots available for rent
Deposit and Cancellation Policy
Cancellations made by the customer less than 72 hours from the start time, will forfeit 50% of the total cost. If you cancel more than 72 hours from the start time, you may reschedule or request a refund minus 5%. Cancellations within 24 hours or failure to show will forfeit 100% of the trip cost. If Red's decides to cancel the event due to adverse conditions the customer may request a full refund.